Saturday, February 27, 2010

sketches and art and design, oh my!

Apparently, NOT having a design job is my inspiration for doing design. I miss it so bad lately, that I spend so much time looking and loving design. I have begun trying to get a website for myself done again, I am stuck, but trying to get past it and will hopefully seek out help before I give up. We'll see.. . . .

Anyway, my other focus area in my art degree is printmaking. OH, I love printmaking. I talk about it, think about it, but NEVER do I actually do it. Why, you ask?? I don't know. It is challenging. So, today, I sat down and decided to do a little sketch (the beginning of a possible print idea...) I really love red coral, I love it in it's raw, organic form. I love it's imperfect shapes. I love it's saturated red color. SO, I did research and sketched a little sketch:

tada. I think it would make a cute little print on a postcard sized paper. Off-white paper, of course. Well, that's all for now. :)

No comments:

Trying to jump on the green train...