Saturday, August 23, 2008

4 a.m. and blogging

It has been a LONG time since I last posted. I have been pretty busy and I suppose that is somewhat of a good thing. I have been working a lot, and am just not used to this whole 8-5 life! But, I must say, I am getting more comfortable in it and actually really like my job, I just hope I can keep it. My job now is an internship and is supposed to end on September 5th, there is paperwork in the process of approval for me to stay longer, however, but as all large companies go, it is taking FOREVER. So, I have been just patiently waiting to see if I will have a job as of September 6th. 

This internship has done so much for me, I have been exposed to so many new things that, as a designer, I should know. I was able to attend a photo shoot and a press check. I understand the corporate world so much more now, and to top it all off, I have met some wonderful people. They are so helpful and understanding, always willing to help, yet they totally trust me and have confidence in me that I don't even think I have. It has been a great experience either way. 

On another note, Sophia is 5, and she starts Kindergarten on Friday. YIKES! She is very excited to start in a big school. She will still attend an immersion Chinuk school, but she will go to the public school in the morning and attend the immersion school in the afternoon. Her school offers all day, five days a week Kindergarten, so she would be going that often either way. This way she just gets to keep her language aspect. I am so proud of her. Wow.

Well, I am signing off, but I will leave you with a crafty find! I found these from a link off of HOWABOUTORANGE.blogspot.com:




No comments:

Trying to jump on the green train...